Data Protection Policy
Damerham Village Hall needs to keep certain information about its trustees, volunteers and service users to carry out its day to day operations, to meet its objectives and to comply with legal obligations.
The organisation is committed to ensuring that any personal data will be dealt with in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. To comply with the law, personal information will be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully.
The aim of this policy is to ensure that everyone handling personal data is fully aware of the requirements and acts in accordance with data protection procedures. In line with the Data Protection Act 1998 principles, we will ensure that personal data will:
- Be obtained fairly and lawfully and for a specific and lawful purpose
- Be adequate, relevant but not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be held longer than necessary
- Be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- Be subject to appropriate security measures
Damerham Village Hall processes the following personal information:
- Trustees / committee members – Names, addresses and contact details
- Volunteers – Names and contact details · Service users – Names, addresses and contact details
Damerham Village Hall will ensure your data will:
- Data will not be sold to companies or given to public organisations. Personal data (names, addresses, emails, phone numbers) will only be passed on to a third party with written consent (e.g. someone who wants to contact someone else who does want their information public)
- Be processed for the purposes stated only.
In the case of contact details, these may be stored for the purpose of informing the community about events, activities etc, but this will not include personal information other than that which has been permitted and an opt-out option will apply.
- Be accurate and be kept up to date
- Be erased as soon as out of date or when not necessary
- Be kept in a safe place and, where relevant, on a computer which is password protected
Damerham Village Hall is a registered charity, registration number 301798